Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

__ Dynamically allocate arrays when you don't know how many items to store!__ Dynamically allocate arrays when you don't know how many items to store!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) Beginner /
Fosters (from psc cd)
3094 since
1/31/2015 8:46:00 AM

By 5 Users

All programmers need to allocate arrays to store data, and very often they don't know how much they will be storing. here is a beginners tutorial that shows how to dynamically allocate an array on the fly that will only allocate as many items as are neede ...(description truncated)

Alphablend Pasta drop screensaverAlphablend Pasta drop screensaverVB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1030 since
2/4/2015 11:47:00 PM

By 4 Users

Still on my gdi alphablend bandwagon. this screensaver drops twisting 3d rendered spiral pasta shapes down the screen. EnjoyClick here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Application busy graphic - knight rider effectApplication busy graphic - knight rider effectVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1116 since
2/4/2015 7:35:00 PM

By 12 Users

Nice little graphic for activating when your application is busy. Uses alphablend, gdialphablend and bitblt. background doesn't have to be black and you can use a different image too.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

Asteroid Madness ScreensaverAsteroid Madness ScreensaverVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
814 since
2/3/2015 11:35:00 AM

By 2 Users

Watch the asteroid ships obliterate themselves as they charge on their course, only to be deflected by the edge of the screen. Hope you enjoy. Mike.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

BBC Desktop New Ticker that doesn't take up all your screen width!BBC Desktop New Ticker that doesn't take up all your screen width!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Fosters (from psc cd)
821 since
2/2/2015 8:24:00 PM

By 2 Users

Fully functional desktop news ticker supplying the BBC headlines... that doesn't take up 5% of your screen space [sigh]. By fully functional, it means click on the news item and it loads the news page. right click on the ticker to unload.

Cascade 2003 game - SOooo addictive!Cascade 2003 game - SOooo addictive!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
965 since
2/3/2015 6:00:00 PM

By 15 Users

Try to clear the tiles, by clicking on tiles that have the same coloured neighbour. the more tiles you clear at once the higher your score (if you can beat 1717, send me a screen shot!). All bitblt and masking - a great learning example. Don't play this i ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Collect Sys Info, convert it to a bitmap and set it as desktop wallpaper!Collect Sys Info, convert it to a bitmap and set it as desktop wallpaper!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1257 since
2/1/2015 9:26:00 PM

By 3 Users

This app will collect your system information, save it to a bitmap and then set your desktop wallpaper to the system info bitmap. This is an excellent tool for support centres to aid with information gathering when a client PC and/or application is not be ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Collect ur running apps into screenshots and switch to them (win enumeration)Collect ur running apps into screenshots and switch to them (win enumeration)VB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
754 since
2/5/2015 2:06:00 AM

By 7 Users

Using Windows enumeration, this app collects all the running applications, screen scrapes them into thumbnails. Then click on the thumbnail to switch to the application. Only works on XP so far (am working on it!). There's a lot of window API work in here ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Cool effects on form unloadCool effects on form unloadVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1054 since
2/3/2015 8:24:00 AM

By 3 Users

Paste into a fresh project's form1. on unloading the form, you can specify combination effects on how the form will disappear. This code is *not* mine, I found it on allapi.net. Simple effects that lend a touch of professionalism to an application. hope u ...(description truncated)

Defender Remake - Work In ProgressDefender Remake - Work In ProgressVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
719 since
2/3/2015 10:28:00 PM

By 2 Users

This is my current lunchtime project - a remake of the classic defender. This is the first stage and there's a lot more to go. So why put the code up already? Well this is an open source code site and the very simple way I've coded this makes it a very us ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Defender Remake - work in progress - stage 2Defender Remake - work in progress - stage 2VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
801 since
2/3/2015 11:54:00 PM

By 6 Users

*** Stage 2 - starting to look like a game now. enemies and collision detection next, followed by the alien abduction/rescue code *** This is my current lunchtime project - a remake of the classic defender. This is the first stage and there's a lot more t ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Demonstrate GetAsyncKeyState - handy when developingDemonstrate GetAsyncKeyState - handy when developingVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Fosters (from psc cd)
2386 since
2/2/2015 5:59:00 PM

By 4 Users
4 Excellent Ratings
       Nothing pushing the limits of VB, but when developing games/apps and using GetAsyncKeyState, do you ever go, "Uhmm, what the hell is left arrow again?!". here you are. run this app, press the key (or combo) and there it is! I think this is more of a usefu ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Desktop Binary Clock - way geeky!Desktop Binary Clock - way geeky!VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
708 since
2/8/2015 3:38:00 AM

By 3 Users

A binary clock! on your desktop! remembers where you put it and stays on top! best of all, it's different!!!Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Desktop friendly Memory and CPU monitorDesktop friendly Memory and CPU monitorVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
865 since
2/3/2015 5:55:00 AM

By 3 Users

Physical and virtual memory monitor and CPU monitor. I've only catered for 1 cpu, but actually get the metrics for all CPUs (check ReturnCPUPercent(x) up to m_lCPUs). Sits conveniently on top of the desktop pretty unobtrusively too. if you like the progre ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Desktop Information BuddyDesktop Information BuddyVB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
940 since
2/6/2015 3:23:00 PM

By 5 Users

This application collects a few bits of system information, the time and date and puts them onto a transparent form to sit on your desk. dbl-click to end the app, it remembers where you left it. I'm after a few suggestions on how to enhance it (what other ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Excellent potential: Class to draw a calendar month onto a bitmapExcellent potential: Class to draw a calendar month onto a bitmapVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1200 since
2/3/2015 9:10:00 AM

By 8 Users

************************************************* *** updated to correct day 1 positioning *** ************************************************* *** Updated to use dateserial as per comments *** ************************************************* * I will ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Find those 'undetectable start up' applications!Find those 'undetectable start up' applications!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
784 since
2/5/2015 3:47:00 PM

By 3 Users

There are several registry locations that applications can be started from before the desktop is presented. They are 'detectable' and this application will help you locate them and their owner companies. Run this regularly and familiarise yourself with wh ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

gdialphablend animated text hi lite - great for splash screens!gdialphablend animated text hi lite - great for splash screens!VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1142 since
2/4/2015 8:05:00 PM

By 4 Users

Remember the 'Cheers' logo where the hi lite skips left to right across the text and you get a little animated star on the text - well this is like that - flicker free and smooth! Good gfx techniques here using frame buffering, TextOut/SetTextColor to a p ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Got a picture mobile/pda? You need Image CropperGot a picture mobile/pda? You need Image CropperVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1603 since
2/3/2015 2:29:00 PM

By 4 Users

I've just got a Sharp GX20 mobile phone and it's an ar$e loading pics into PSP to resize and crop them. Okay, I didn't *need* to write this, but it was a good challenge for me. Load up your jpgs and resize them and crop select areas to your hearts content ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

List Directories and their sizes!List Directories and their sizes!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1004 since
1/31/2015 3:46:00 PM

By 5 Users

Ever looked at your C:\ drive and wondered where that 1.8gb have gone?!?!!? here's your answer - this app will list the directory you choose and all it's subdirectories, with their sizes so you can see how much room each directory take up! Please vote - I ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Marquee screensaver grows up!Marquee screensaver grows up!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
962 since
2/2/2015 2:01:00 PM

By 6 Users

The marquee screensaver is superb... but it doesn't do enough!! This version will display free format text like before, but also other things, like your machine name, ip address (no ocx!) or all your running tasks. Screens are good enough these days not t ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

One of best Matrix Screensavers!One of best Matrix Screensavers!VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Advanced /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1108 since
2/2/2015 10:29:00 AM

By 19 Users

A big update of my previous version. as optimised as I can make it. API use ot bitblt, stretchblt, textout, gettickcount, rectangle, etc. Already had excellent reviews from visualbasicextreme.com, and hoped you all would like this too. each effect can be ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

plot 3d points on a 2d planeplot 3d points on a 2d planeVB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1008 since
1/31/2015 2:22:00 AM

By 6 Users

Want to plot 3d points on the screen? this code will enable you to do this! I did not write the original code that calculates the x,y co'ord from x,y,z co'ordinates, but I compiled it into an easy to use (cut 'n paste) form and added a few examples of wha ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Use BitBlt Masks for flicker free animationUse BitBlt Masks for flicker free animationVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Fosters (from psc cd)
1182 since
2/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

By 3 Users

Call me sad, but I wanted a moving starfield with fading in text for my splash screen. Using bitBlt, masking and frame buffering, it can easily be done looking professional and flicker free! (The *dynamic* masking of the text enables the stars to pass beh ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

Search Results: Page 1 of 1 found. Entries 1 - 24 of 24 found

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel