Description
Compatibility
Level/
Author
Views/
Date
Submitted
User Rating

A great program that gets random characters from a text box!(Updated again!!)A great program that gets random characters from a text box!(Updated again!!)VB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Jason Green (from psc cd)
785 since
1/6/2015 3:43:00 PM

By 31 Users

I looked on this site to find something like this, but i didnt find exactly what i wanted. Here is the source that i created that takes random characters from a text box and places them in a label. It takes a user defined amount of characters including sp ...(description truncated)

A Left To Right Marquee Form CaptionA Left To Right Marquee Form CaptionVB 3.0, VB 4.0 (16-bit), VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) Beginner /
Anil Iyengar (from psc cd)
1301 since
1/7/2015 4:25:00 PM

By 2 Users

This Moves a Forms caption from left to right.

A more compact storage of bytes in string than using HexA more compact storage of bytes in string than using HexVB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
jeremyxtz (from psc cd)
1010 since
2/14/2015 10:31:00 AM

By 2 Users

Storing data (anything) in a string can be done more compactly using this method than using Hex strings. *Updated - speedier main functions. I've also added functions for more compact storage of dates/times in strings than a simple byte translation.

Please support the site by visiting our sponsor:

A 'Parse' function.A 'Parse' function.VB 5.0, VB 6.0Intermediate /
Danny Young (from psc cd)
1448 since
1/5/2015 8:40:00 AM

By 18 Users

To split a string into pieces using a certain character as a delimiter. I do not want to get messages saying, "use the Split() function" as this isn't present in VB5. Example of this is "hello to you", with the delimiter as " ". You'll get back 3 variable ...(description truncated)

A Pig Latin Text ConverterA Pig Latin Text ConverterVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
VBScript (from psc cd)
1678 since
1/5/2015 9:23:00 AM

By 2 Users

This code does nothing more than take a word or phrase and convert it to Pig Latin. Now, it is not finished, as I need to somehow figure out how to take in account punctuation. It is almost there, tho, and any suggestions would be nice.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A quicker Quicksort (up to 100 times faster)A quicker Quicksort (up to 100 times faster)VB 6.0Advanced /
ULLI (from psc cd)
2404 since
2/17/2015 7:11:00 AM

By 11 Users
11 Excellent Ratings
       Quicksort which works by sorting string pointers only instead of the strings themselves. In particular for long strings around 1000 chars there is a 15 times improvement in speed, going up to 100 times for really long strings, and speed is almost indepent ...(description truncated)Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

a random password generatora random password generatorVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Ryan Olson - OLSONAMI (from psc cd)
1125 since
1/23/2015 9:53:00 AM

By 6 Users

This is a program to make totally random passwords out of letters, numbers, or both. Shows how to convert strings to lowercase, make a scrolling, typing, caption effect and how to use random numbers.Click here to see a screenshot of this code!(ScreenShot)

A simple credits scrolling example using BitBltA simple credits scrolling example using BitBltVB 5.0, VB 6.0Not Given /
Steve (from psc cd)
1386 since
1/4/2015 7:20:00 AM

By 9 Users

I was recieving several requests after recently making a post concerning a scrolling credits examples, simply saying that I had something similiar that worked in most aspects slightly better, because it used BitBlt and read the credits directly from a tex ...(description truncated)

A Simple Encryption and Decryption functionA Simple Encryption and Decryption functionVB 5.0, VB 6.0Not Given /
Steve (from psc cd)
835 since
1/4/2015 4:07:00 AM

By 4 Users

I wrote this code to learn a little bit about string manipulation. Although I will deffinatly not claim it's uncrackable, it is deffinatly a little less bulky than some of the others. Not to mention since i submited the code anyone could just use the decr ...(description truncated)

A smaller encryption exampleA smaller encryption exampleVB 5.0, VB 6.0Beginner /
Ben Doherty (from psc cd)
1132 since
1/3/2015 1:45:00 PM

By 3 Users

Takes a string and shifts each character in that string according to a password set by the user. Much smaller than most of the examples of PSC.

Search Results: Page 4 of 43 found. Entries 31 - 40 of 428 found
Jump to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Compatibility Filter Profile:

VB 3.0
VB 4.0 (16-bit)
VB 4.0 (32-bit)
VB 5.0
VB 6.0
VB Script
ASP (Active Server Pages)
VBA MS Access
VBA MS Excel