A DIRECT3D PANORAMIC SCENE!

Email
Submitted on: 1/9/2015 12:33:00 PM
By: Simon Price (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 13 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1474

CHECK THIS OUT! This is a really cool effect. Stand in the middle of a 3D world and use the mouse to rotate the camera around. All running at over 60 frames per second!!! The pictures look beautiful (thanks to Craig Nisbet - it's his artwork, but my programming). How is such a high res 3D image made to run at 60 FPS in VB? Well, I cheated ofcourse! I just used a cylinder and wrapped and image round it, then put the camera in the centre of this cylinder. But the effect looks just the same as if I were using the best quality 3D graphics using thousands of polys! You really can't see the difference. Plus, like my last submission it has the advantage of compression - why use a huge 3D file when you can just use a jpeg? This demo also features both hardware and software rendering, (BTW software = very slow) and adjustable rendering quality. There will be many more features added but I won't be able to release the source code of the final version, sorry. I hope that you agree that this deserves a decent vote, if not then please tell me why not so I can improve the program. Enjoy!

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 35 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.