winzip icon

TCP-IP Datalook V1.4 UPDATED!! ** Support multiple protocol adaptors ** (07-24-01)

Email
Submitted on: 1/18/2015 9:51:00 AM
By: Peter V. (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 40 Users
Compatibility: VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0
Views: 1358

UPDATED!!(07-24-2001)
Support now Multiple IP,protocol adaptors !
Check,look the data on TCP-IP sockets. Now with 'Extra' , that shows a option menu per Connection you make.(clearscreen - Data change for Client appl - Connect/Disconnect button - Help box)

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION::::
-----------------------
View the data on a socket between Client application & Server application.
(With this program you can use multiple connections-sockets)
So with this program you can see (visual) the data between example outlook & ISP-pop3 server. You can also save the data for further study.
If you have example a internet application, Direct Connect,mirc..ect, let this client appl connect to my program & let my program connect the needed server, so now you have the possibility to view the data between server & client.. so you can study it & make maybe a own clone application that uses the protocol , data you've captured..

HOW IT WORKS:
--------------
Let a client appl not connect to the server, but to the local ip & port of your pc..
Now click on the new connection button,
& lets listen on the port where the client appl will connect to..(fill down the port!)
Put in the box connecting to the dns or ip & port where my appl will connect to (in that case the ip & port of the server).
So you have now the possibility to view the data between server & client..
You can also save the captured data to DISK !
(And you can it open later...)
Try the program & test the new options !
With this application , you also can see the local used ports & where they are connected to.. (that part of code i've borrowed here..)

Have fun ! and view now the protocols that you doesn't know yet....

PS: Please Vote for me !

.... See my other stuff on PSC..
To Nick Johnson for the NETSTAT part ! see on right part of the screenshot . ************************************

Greetings,
Peter.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 5 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.