A simple multiple chat v1.0

Email
Submitted on: 1/3/2015 12:36:00 PM
By: Junaidulla (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 41 Users
Compatibility: Java (JDK 1.2)
Views: 3064

First of all let me thank all those of you guys who have voted & liked my previous "single client chat application". At their earnest request I've written this simple multiple client chat application. I hope this turns out to be of some use!!!! Unlike the previous one, here you can have any number of clients. If over a network, plz change the ip & port according to the server machine. With out any change this should work perfectly on any win xx machine...though I haven't tested this on win NT & XP. Let me know if there are any probs! In this release(V1.0) I haven't implemented the clientList and other options. I'm thinking of upgrading this version but mind you it depends upon how many votes I rcv, when deciding to upgrade this??!!! So Plzzzzzzz vote for me. thankx in advance! Yup this program is copyrighted.....you do not have permission to use this code!!!! Just kidding guys, you can use this code in what ever manner and whereever you feel fit...but plz leave a line or two to my credit, if this turns out to be of some help. NOTE: To HAVE CORRECT FORMATTed VIEW OF THIS FILE OPEN IN DOS USING EDIT COMMAND. How to run this??(if u r nu) These are the two files needed to run the chat application... 1)chatServer.java(server, run on only one machine) 2)chatClient.java(chat.htm, downloaded as an applet by as many clients as possible) To compile these two files you need to have JDK1.2 or higher installed on your machine. If you don't have one, you can have your free copy from http://www.sun.com. Now when you have JDK1.2 then you need to have your environment variables pointed to the right directories... compile using the following command at the prompt prompt:> javac chatServer.java prompt:> javac chatClient.java You might get one or two warnings...plz ignore them. Now to run the program... Type in "java chatServer" at the dos prompt... Now you can call the chatClient applet from any html file.... For any Q's feel free to contact me. Thankx for downloading. You can always visit me @ http://mypal.20m.com regards suhail. ENJOY!

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 3 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.