DeepLook 4.12 (UPDATED 26th Sep 2006)

Email
Submitted on: 2/12/2015 6:27:00 AM
By: Dean Camera (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 59 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 3194

Yes, it's back; yet another version of my award-winning VB source code scanning program. For those who don't know, DeepLook can scan your VB projects and return a detailed treeview showing statistics on almost every aspect. Other functions include the ability to copy all the files required by yor project into a single directory, create HTML/TXT reports and report unused variables. Incorporating many new bug-fixes and features, this release includes a feature that many users have requested even since its conception: HTML reports. After beginning the HTML template code, I got frustrated with the clumsyness of the method I was using so decided to use XML reports instead with a HTML formatting template. The result is that a XML report is saved as two files, the actual XML report data and a XML stylesheet (which, incidentally, is a Microsoft template that I altered to suit DeepLook). This method means smaller and faster XML report saving code. In case you already have a DeepLook text report saved on your computer, you can now "scan" the text file to produce a XML report directly. Other additions include making the code MUCH more robust as well as fixing what I think I can safely say all the remaining bugs in the Unused Variable Scanner. The UVS also takes into account (ignores) case-preserving variables that are encapsulated in the "#if false" and "#end if" headers. Other new additions/corrections are listed below. Screenshot note: the daughter windows are NOT transparent in the actual program, that just saves space. No votes please, this is just an update (and i've already won once!) but I WOULD appreciate some constructive comments. Zip ~350kb. +++ MAJOR ADDITIONS IN THIS VERSION: Array handling fixed for a major speed increase, Quick access Addin This contains a few bugfixes I implemented since the major Nov update. Fixed bugs described by Lorin, Morgan and Robert in the comments, as well as a bug I found in the Recent Scanned Items list. ### UPDATE: Fixed an issue which may cause an infinite loop or incorrect results, thanks to Steve Redmyer###

Windows API/Global Declarations:

Can't Copy and Paste this?
Click here for a copy-and-paste friendly version of this code!
'**************************************
'Windows API/Global Declarations for :DeepLook 4.12 (UPDATED 26th Sep 2006)
'**************************************
Works best when compiled - 940kb, or ~220kb when compressed with the UPX (upx.sourceforge.net) EXE compressor or FSG EXE packer.
Currently scans at about 1500 lines per second on a 700MHz computer.
winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 5 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.