MorphPicViewer v1.01 - Large Image Navigation Usercontrol

Email
Submitted on: 2/17/2015 6:02:00 AM
By: Option Explicit (from psc cd)  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 16 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 2217

(24 Mar 2007 - Added .ColorAtCursor property) I've seen a lot of projects on PSC for scrolling large images and with the exception of Carles P.V.'s excellent submission at txtCodeId=30414, they all seem to involve slapping a couple of scrollbars on a VB PictureBox. Navigating large images by fumbling with scrollbars is very awkward, for me anyway. So just for fun (I have no use for this) I cooked up this little beastie. Its ClickNavigation feature provides a much faster [is 'instantly' fast enough for you? ;)], more natural way to navigate large images than anything I've seen so far on PSC. Features include: - Image display in either Normal or Stretched (display-to-fit) modes. - Aspect ratio may be optionally maintained in Stretched viewing mode. - Two image navigation modes are available for viewing large images - ClickNavigation and DragNavigation. ClickNavigation is a unique feature that displays entire image when the Ctrl key is held down, maintaining aspect ratio if mandated by the .KeepAspectRatio property. A rectangle outlines the portion of the image that's currently being displayed in Normal mode. Clicking on the image moves the rectangle, and when Normal view is reestablished by releasing Ctrl, the view is changed to the new coordinates. DragNavigation (which Carles features in his submission also) allows user to simply drag the image around in Normal mode until the desired area is in view. - Any portion of image can also be displayed via code using the .DisplayImage method, supplying the X and Y coordinates of the upper left hand corner of the image portion you wish to display. - Control can be used as a simple PictureBox replacement; image navigation can be disabled for straightforward image display (although image stretching and aspect ratio features are always available). Control is also a container as is the standard VB PictureBox. As always, constructive feedback is always welcome, and votes are always appreciated.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 8 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.