EVOLVING Creatures (update 3)
||2/21/2015 8:24:00 AM
reexre (from psc cd)
By 7 Users
EVOLVING CREATURES (Roberto Mior)
- GA better Adaptive Mutation Prob
- Added Rotational Velocity for Input (2: >0 and <0)
- CyclesForScreenFrame 16->20
- Particle draw style
- Smoothed point touching ground function (Sort of pressure)
- Smoothed Length Added by Brain
- Improved creature physics
- X Velocity Air Resistence
- Better management of tasks.
- Particle System
- Increased output links Excursion.
- CyclesForScreenFrame 12->16 CyclesForVideoFrame BrainClock
- Very Faster
- Inputs/outputs Display
- SIN Function instead of EXP in NN Activation function
- Added Hidden layer with a number of neurons equal to 1.5 times the Number of Outputs
- 3 sons per Generation
- Better StayOnGround Fitness function
- Other -----
This is a typical example of how evolution works.
A population of (customizable) Creatures try to Evolve according to some tasks.
A Creature is composed by springs and a neural network.
There are "intelligent" and "dumb" springs. First ones change their rest length according
to the neural network outputs. The other simply react to external forces to mantain their
invariable rest lengths.
The Creature's Neural Network Inputs are: "No-Brain" Springs Tensions, Points touching
ground, Creature Rotation (DX and DY), Height from ground, X and Y Velocities.
The Creature's Neural Network Outputs are: "Intelligent" springs rest lengths.
EVOLUTION (genetic algorithm):
At Each generation there are 3 sons wich parents are "randomly" choosen from the best
previous generation creatures. (Some sons mutate their genes with low probability (M)).
Then sons are Evaluated. (This 3 sons replace the previous generation worst creatures)
Creature's evaluation is based on Task(s) to perform.
WALK (Distance walked)
DON'T JUMP (Minimize avg height from ground)
AVG HEIGHT (Average Creature middle point height)
MAX HEIGHT (Creature Max Height Reached)
VERTICALITY * (Rotate by -/+90°)
HORIZONTALITY * (Keep initial orientation)[even 180°]
*(Rotation is based on the 2 (left-Right) most external links.)
These task can be mixed together. (for some complex tasks/creatures it's a little bit
diffcult to find the best proportions)
Each Creature performs a score (called "fitness")
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come
out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
- Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
- NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
- Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner
If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net
Other 30 submission(s) by this author
Report Bad Submission
Other User Comments
There are no comments on this submission.
Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to
the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to
share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they
will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please
click here instead.)
To post feedback, first please login.