Important alert: (current site time 4/24/2014 12:24:32 PM EDT)

winzip icon

Sales and Inventory using Barcode Reader Lan Base

Email
Submitted on: 12/2/2010 6:49:37 PM
By: Angelito Tan  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 14 Users
Compatibility: VB.NET
Views: 22676
author picture

Sales and Inventory using barcode reader can be use in LAN Base or Standalone, i use VB.NET 2008 PRO along with SQL SERVER 2008, the idea of this is to show how simple barcode reader is running on every machine, even on the store or malls, i also use 39Code ( just download this on the net, its available and FREE, it came with an installer ) for the font, to generate the picture of the barcode, hope you enjoy my simple idea =), gudluck and have fun..

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 2 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

11/13/2010 12:04:48 PMAngelito Tan

I need a comment on this guys..
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

11/21/2010 12:07:46 AMdelta

sir, i downloaded your codes, but i'm having difficulties on running it. it always says that the database is invalid, but i already attached the database. i'm using sql server 2008. but this code is really helpful , i just want to see how it works. thanks :)

11/23/2010 4:32:43 AMapullica

yes i'm having trouble with database. (Database Invalid !)

11/24/2010 4:09:46 AMTashi

Thanks for this code, but i have a problem in attaching your database. If u could give the script for creating sql database and tables.

Thanks

11/25/2010 8:40:49 PMdelta

just change the connection strings and set it directly to the database path. i already run the system, however when i'm trying to view the reports it also prompts to login to the database.

11/26/2010 5:27:45 AMLiban Adam

Thanks for this code, but i have a problem in attaching your database. If u could give the script for creating sql database and tables.

11/26/2010 2:13:01 PMapullica

OK, mr.tan database problem has been solved and for those who'd trouble with database connection try to change the connection string with something like this :
CnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=IT\SQLSERVER2008;Initial Catalog=MTM_BevandaDB;User Id=sa;Password=okedeh;"
but another problem came up with the report (always ask for password and user id) any solution myfriend ????

11/27/2010 7:57:52 PMdelta

@ apullica - i already found out the solution regarding reports, just open the reports from solution explorer then under crystal reports menu, click verify database and change the CPAT server name to your server name, you have to do this for all of the .rpt files so that you can view all of the reports. thanks.

11/28/2010 8:30:28 AMAngelito Tan

Ok this is how it works, change the set datasource location, create new connection, "ODBC(RDO)" then find the SQLCONNECT3.dsn under SQL_DATABASE.. after you do that, click the update button, and change the INFORMATION of your SQLCONNECT3.dsn.. and the last you will do is Copy all the in the reportX, to \bin\Debug\ReportX, and thats it.. hope you find it usefull.. i will re-upload this so that the report will run.. just take in mind that you only NEED to PUT the File on C:\, i will fix this.. tnks so much =)

11/29/2010 8:59:38 PMAngelito Tan

i'll try to fix the issue of verifying the database server name..

12/3/2010 7:37:37 AMAngelito Tan

i hope i fixed the issues, enjoy guys :D it should be working by now.

12/3/2010 9:49:49 AMdelta

mr tan. thanks for the updates, your system is very helpful, :) i already fixed the issues myself, anyway you're great, :)

12/3/2010 2:54:18 PMMohsen Majnouni

From Iran ;
Hi How Are You , Great Project But You Can Complete Some Form ; And Add Some Ability Like , SMS , EMail , And So ...
Thanks For Sharing ...

12/12/2010 9:57:57 PMJoeland A. Togonon

Bravo mr. TAN....5 Gloves ........

1/6/2011 12:28:51 PMdelta

sir i have a question, how the barcode works in the Cashiering module ? Thanks.

1/7/2011 7:25:29 AMAngelito Tan

in the cashiering module you can select the dropdown list and choose "barcode", then if you already have an item with a barcode in the stocks, just get the barcode and it will work, anyway barcode reader is just a PLUG and PLAY, if you have one then just punch anybrand of item with a barcode in it, and it will work by the way item with a barcode should be available first in the stocks monitoring, to have a stocks you will need to purchased from a supplier... tnx i hope that it helps , godbless.

1/18/2011 10:52:08 PMsackda chanthasombath

When i run the program, the popup will display = "Database setting was invalid"

1/28/2011 10:14:01 PMdelta

sir. i understand now :) thank you, but do you have a manual way of inputing products in cart specially if the company doesn't want to use barcode device ?

1/31/2011 10:22:46 AMdelta

ok sir :) thank you. does your system can identify fast and slow moving products ?

2/2/2011 10:02:41 PMmarco

how can i convert the database in sql server 2005

2/21/2011 10:58:19 PMUmisha

Nice work done.

2/21/2011 11:05:11 PMUmisha

Not Able to connect to the database

2/24/2011 11:06:51 AMAngelito Tan

@ delta.. yes it can, but i din't put that, i have a few changes in my latest system and i put the fast and slow moving product i didn't add any fields or table, it already exist in there :D tnx for asking

@ marco, i never tried to convert it on 2005 :D just search it on google perhpas :D tnx for the comment

@Umisha.. Perhaps you forgot to attach the database on the sql server 2008.. Tnx

2/28/2011 9:34:05 PMaRTx

It's a great job!
Can anyone script it because I have sql server 2005 and my int connection is so slow to get the 2008.

3/13/2011 4:45:35 PMMohsen Majnouni

HI , I have alot of problem with your source code ,
Type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' is not defined.
Type 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer' is not defined.

please help , please

3/14/2011 12:17:42 PMAngelito Tan

@Mohsen Majnouni, at the solution explorer click the show all files, and you will see what's missing, after that, go to Project tab > add reference, then there you go add all the missing reference, there's a posibility that in will produce same error, just remove the reference that has an exclamation point and add it again on the add reference .. tnx hope it helps =)) godbless.

5/22/2011 4:44:35 AMTegwin

I too am having a problem with 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' I have added it as a reference and STILL does not work.

7/4/2011 3:53:19 PMTamene

i am seen your code. it's nice and user enterface to end user. but i have a question? this system done on physical printer for sales machine. pls. how to connect or link to any physical printer?

tamenetamrat@gmial.com

10/5/2011 8:17:27 AMSohel

Hi can't download the code. Please Help

1/16/2012 11:19:41 PMAbdul Quadir

working fine but how to attach with bar-code reader..

4/8/2012 6:18:53 AMRohan Tendolkar

Hi Friend Can you tell me how can this work with barcode reader

12/17/2012 7:28:51 AMrafik

goooooooooooooooood
It's a great job

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.